In 1893 the entrepreneur Alfred Johansson started a small weaving mill just outside Kinna in the Swedish province of Västergötland. He received his first order from a Danish customer from Copenhagen and it consisted of three dozen scarves at the value of 29 Riksdaler and 38 Öre. Two years later electricity was introduced to the village and the company purchased its first typewriter.
From the end of the war until the mid-1960´s the company gradually built up its reputation and showed both growth and profitability under the majority of this period. Large investments where being made in production and the products were recognized as both technically advanced and aesthetically attractive. The company was the first terrycloth producer in Scandinavia as well as the last when it closed down its production sites in Sweden in 2008.